8 Quick Tips for Holidaying In A Caravan or MotorhomeAllBrand Admin
Since summer is quickly approaching, perhaps you are beginning to plan your families summer holiday. If you plan to travel in a caravan or a motorhome, that’s amazing! However, there are a few things to keep in mind before you hit the open road in search of some summertime adventure!
- Know where you are going. Caravans and Motorhomes use up a lot of petrol and let’s face it, it is not a cheap commodity. By knowing exactly where you are going and mapping it out or using GPS, you can avoid driving around aimlessly, wasting precious fuel and listening to children continuously ask, “Are we there yet?” haha
- Pack only what you need. Some things to remember besides the obvious, and this goes for both modes of transportation, are: first aid kit, fire extinguisher, plenty of drinking water and food. This is especially important when taking a motorhome, as it is much more difficult to take to a grocery than a caravan … because once at your location the caravan can be unhitched from your vehicle.
- Give each child even the smallest spot for their own. Allow them to put their stuff in this space and this will help them feel less cramped.
- Try to choose a place to holiday that will keep you out of the caravan or motorhome as much as possible. In general, the vehicle is a means to an end is not a destination. Maybe a place with a swimming pool or lake, a fishing pond, hiking trails, etc.
- If you can try cooking outside on a BBQ or grill. It saves warming up the inside of the van and it gets pretty cluttered in these small spaces. Bring some camping chairs so that your family can sit under the stars telling ghost
stories or just laughing
- Bring games to play in case of bad weather. Always have something on hand to keep the kids entertained. We’ll give you some suggestions in a future post.
- Make sure your food is stored properly to prevent spoiling or a visit from wild animals. This includes taking care of your trash properly as well. Particularly for bush camping but it’s important everywhere.
- Take note of where the nearest medical facilities are, especially if you have children or elderly with you.
These are just a few helpful hints to get you started on your open road adventure! Summertime is such a great time to get out of the house and seek and seek an adventure that will give you and yours wonderful memories for years to come!
Contact us today by phone on (07) 3869 2969 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find the right tips for Holidaying in a Caravan.